Looking Back: Jeff Hardy VS Randy Orton


Jeff Hardy back in the Winter of 2007 going into 2008 was getting his shot that he had been so close but just not close enough to get to the top of the mountain.

Every since he took out John Cena he had been on a roll beating everyone in sight.

Triple H, Shawn Michaels, and John Cena were just the beginning of the Age of Orton and Hardy was going to be next on that list.

Jeff Hardy has been a risk taker and did anything and everything to steal the show but that is what always stopped him to getting to the top of the mountain and that was something he wanted to change in 2008.

Randy Orton wanted to continue his streak of dominance in 2008 and it was going to be at everyone else's expense. The man that is the youngest World Champion ever and been a multi World/WWE Champion.

You had two different wrestlers, people, or characters, whatever you want to call them. They set the stage for a great rivalry that was only a month long, just to put something together fast, but I wished it would have gone all the way to WrestleMania 24.

It most likely would have stole the show if it would had a special stipulation and if Jeff didn't getting suspended again.
Randy Orton and Jeff Hardy put some of the best promos, segments, and matches together I had seen going into the Royal Rumble.

I wanted to see Jeff Hardy take the Championship and go to WrestleMania as the Champion and I believed it was going to happen, I truly believed that was how the storyline was going to work out.

I thought that was one of the best story lines that I had seen since Randy Orton vs Evolution or Austin vs Rocky even though they would never been on there level I think if it would had keep going I think it could had been classic.

As I watched the match, I saw the crowd just like me seeing Jeff Hardy about to do it in the biggest venue in wrestling history and he got so close, but Randy Orton took it away with the RKO and shattered the dreams of so many WWE fans.

But that is what the story lines are all about to either have the fans on there edge of there seat if it makes them boo or cheer at the end of it and that is what happen at the need of the match.

Jeff lose but in the end he really won because even though eleven months later he became the WWE Champion as his career goal finally came true.

Randy Orton took away respect from the fans and me because he proved again that he can make great matches and he did it again ad I think that match stole the show and now Jeff Hardy is in the Championship hunt again against CM Punk and Randy Orton is a five time WWE Champion and is on a roll of a life time.

The puropse of a storyline is to have the younger or least popular superstar or wrestler get respect and noticed out of it and I think this was a perfect example of it.

Jeff Hardy and Randy Orton can look back on that month in 2008 was magic to my ears and to both of those superstars.